Start a company in Slovakia
Who should start a company in Slovakia?
Anyone whose business is related to Slovakia or can be easily relocated to Slovakia. For example, running a hotel in Germany via a Slovak company does not make much sense. If you are still determining if it is worth it, contact us, and we will advise you.
- The whole process of company formation can be done remotely.
- Company income tax: 15% or 21% of the tax base (not profit). Please note that in many cases, the 21% is still less than the 5% in many countries, as Slovakia provides you with a wide range of tax-deductible items.
- Value-added tax (VAT): 5%, 10% or 20%
- Tax on dividends: 7%
- The official currency is EUR.
- The executive director can also be an owner and does not need to be employed in the company; therefore, there is no wage tax and insurance.
- Easy to proceed if the executive director is a citizen of an EU Member State or a member state OECD.
- No need to deposit the share capital in a bank account (just declare its payment).
What will you need to start a company in Slovakia?
- Free online consultation with us
- Selection of company name, registered office, and description of the activity
- Data of the owners and executive directors, if the executive director is not a citizen of Slovakia, then a criminal record extract is needed.
How long does it take?
It depends on the client's involvement, the company structure, the type of business, and the necessary data provision. On average, it takes 10-14 days.
Is it a good idea to purchase an already existing company?
Sometimes! It can be a problem when the company does not have a clean track record or is not from a reliable source, as the new owner may be held liable for previous activities.
A VAT-registered company can never be 100% "clean”, as it can only become or have become VAT registered by having some activity.
It is advisable to be wary of companies with complex and varied histories, especially if the company's background is unverifiable or unclear.
We always recommend our clients setting a completely new company that will be registered for VAT later with us.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us and we will try to answer them.